How do MTM resources support English Language Learners?
While our resources are not available for translation, we do have supports available within our curriculum for English Language Learners.
- Our student handouts are designed intentionally to highlight the new vocabulary (found in the gray boxes) and any specific processes. These vocabulary terms and processes are written in clear and concise student-friendly language to allow students to focus on the key math concepts.
- Each student handout is designed to scaffold the mathematical concept. The page is designed to provide opportunities for students to practice the basic math concept, then move on to application and analysis.
- Our units are designed to incorporate visual representations, including models and sketches. Graphic organizers are utilized frequently for students to follow a step-by-step process and organize their thinking.
- All of our assessments are editable in Powerpoint and can be adjusted to meet the needs of each student.
- We will be releasing a Spanish-English Word Wall for the 2023-2024 school year.
- Our video library can be utilized with English closed captioning for students to pause and rewatch concepts as needed. Click here to view the article.
Maneuvering the Middle resources are flexible in implementation, leaving the specific needs of each classroom and student to the educator. The materials are presented in a way that is easy to understand and implement. They are organized and sequenced to allow for easy integration into a variety of teaching models, classroom timeframes, and campus bell schedules. Please reach out to email@example.com for any specific questions you may have.